After walking the gangway and the front sundeck you will enter the Merlijn on the 90 square meters (1000 square feet) large Upper deck. It is comfortably furnished in a modern/luxurious style. At the entrance you will find the reception, the Board-Boutique, the coffee-corner and the stairway to the 12 deluxe guest cabins situated on the Main deck
Afterwards you will see the Bar & Lounge area, here you can threat yourself to an aperitif or a drink.
In the aft part of the ship, you can find the Restaurant area, here you will enjoy your meals.
The entire ship is climate controlled, you can adjust the temperature as desired in your own cabin.
Your deluxe Cabin
Merlijn has 12 spacious deluxe cabins for her guests
- Daily cabin service is standard on all our Bike & Barge Cruises
Each cabin measures 11 square meters (118 square feet) and is equipped with:
- private bathroom (shower, sink & toilet)
- shampoo, soap & tissue papers
- hair dryer
- desk & chair
- cupboard with a shelf & rod
- 2 comfortable airbeds. You can adjust the softness of the mattress with the remote control.
We can set-up the beds as you desire, just let us know in your booking.
- double: 2 beds next to eachother
- twin: 2 beds separate from eachother
4 seasons long you can enjoy fresh air, water & nature in all weather on Merlijn's 40 m² front sundeck and on the 15 m² aft terrace 'Captains deck', the favorite place from the Captain.
- the front sundeck is covered to protect you against all weather influences. With tables and chairs it is a great spacious place to enjoy a morning tea or afternoon cruising!
- the aft terrace is a sheltered cozy place, feel back in time when you sit here and finally read the book you have had for so long!
While enjoying one of these area's, you will understand what's the definition of 'the magic of water'
Cuisine / Bar
- The cuisine is a delight, prepared in a galley equipped with all modern appliances. Our chef not only provides you with breakfast but will also prepare a packed lunch if you wish to go cycling. The evening meal is sumptuous. Needless to say, we will take account of any of your dietary needs if you inform us before your arrival.
- Our manned bar is well stocked with a variety of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks, our bartender can also prepare a wide selection of cocktails. We serve local wines from most area's we sail, we serve draft beer from Warsteiner and several bottled dark & white beers. A wide range of spirits is served in our bar; Oban wiskey, Bombay gin, Jim Beam bourbon and much more.
(Our bar is not self-service)
* If you wish to bring your own drinks onboard, we are happy to keep it in our fridge and serve it to you any time in the lounge or at the terrace, we will charge a corkage fee though.
Our bikes are a big part of your bike & barge cruise, that's why we want to provide you with the best quality bike possible, the brand is Sensa, from the Netherlands. Choosen as 'bike of the year' in 2018.
- 4 frame sizes
- hydrolic disc brakes
Also we will provide you with:
- waterproof bike-bag
- personal water bottle (also a souvenir from Merlijn)
Our E-bikes are from the German brand Gudereit, it comes with hydrolic brakes, 7 gears and a Bosch engine. With it's smart technology it will only support you when needed, that's why everyone can ride it!