After walking the gangway and the front sundeck you will enter the Merlijn on the 90 square meters (1000 square feet) large Upper deck. It is comfortably furnished in a modern/luxurious style. At the entrance you will find the reception, the Board-Boutique, the coffee-corner and the stairway to the 12 deluxe guest cabins situated on the Main deck
Afterwards you will see the Bar & Lounge area, here you can threat yourself to an aperitif or a drink.
In the aft part of the ship, you can find the Restaurant area, here you will enjoy your meals.
The entire ship is climate controlled, you can adjust the temperature as desired in your own cabin.
Your deluxe Cabin
Merlijn has 12 spacious deluxe cabins for her guests
- Daily cabin service is standard on all our Bike & Barge Cruises
Each cabin measures 11 square meters (118 square feet) and is equipped with:
- private bathroom (shower, sink & toilet)
- facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit
- hair dryer
- desk & chair
- cupboard with a shelf & rod
- 2 comfortable airbeds. You can adjust the softness of the mattress with the remote control.
We can set-up the beds as you desire, just let us know in your booking.
- double: 2 beds next to eachother
- twin: 2 beds separate from eachother
4 seasons long you can enjoy fresh air, water & nature in all weather on Merlijn's 40 m² front sundeck and on the 15 m² aft terrace 'Captains deck', the favorite place from the Captain.
- the front sundeck is covered to protect you against all weather influences. With tables and chairs it is a great spacious place to enjoy a morning tea or afternoon cruising!
- the aft terrace is a sheltered cozy place, feel back in time when you sit here and finally read the book you have had for so long!
While enjoying one of these area's, you will understand what's the definition of 'the magic of water'
Cuisine / Bar
- the cuisine is a delight, prepared in a galley equipped with all modern appliances. Our chef not only provides you with breakfast but will also prepare a packed lunch if you wish to go cycling. The evening meal is sumptuous. Needless to say, we will take account of any of your dietary needs if you inform us before your arrival.
- Diets: We are able to accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free at no extra charge. Vegan diets can also be accommodated, a €50 per person per week surcharge will be applied, the allowance also applies if you request more than 1 diet. All diatary wishes need to be requested with your booking.
- our manned bar is well stocked with a variety of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks, our bartender can also prepare a wide selection of cocktails. We serve local wines from most area's we sail, we serve draft beer from Warsteiner and several bottled dark & white beers. A wide range of spirits is served in our bar; Oban wiskey, Bombay gin, Jim Beam bourbon and much more.