Frequently asked questions
We have collected the most frequently asked questions here for you:
We will update this message when new developments require it. Please contact us if you have any questions and/or if you see any difficulties related to your journey.
Update March 16.
- Infections with the new Corona virus have been confirmed in all European countries. In each country, the national health authorities (in the Netherlands: RIVM - National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) continuously monitor the situation.
- Various restrictions are currently in place for the areas in which we are active. For example, until 6 April several events have been shut down and the hospitality industry has been closed.
- We follow the government's instructions and, as long as they do not impose any restrictions, we will carry out the trips as agreed with our guests. No restrictions have yet been imposed on shipping and cruises, but the circumstances under which the voyage has to take place have changed considerably and we are looking for good solutions.
- The U.S. government recently recommended "...particularly travellers with underlying health conditions to avoid travel by cruise ship". This concerns large ships, often with thousands of passengers and crew members who spend most of their time on board and at sea. Our ship is not 'cruise ship' as intended in this context, but are fundamentally different. Our ship is much smaller, sail only very short distances per day and is permanently located in areas with direct access to high-quality medical care. Our guests spend most of the day (on their bike) in the open air. In combination with higher levels of hygiene on board, the risks of contamination (and possible quarantine) on our ship can be minimized.
- We always have had many medicines and personal protective equipment onboard (a virus is nothing new on ships). Due to the corona outbreak, we now also have composed a special ‘precaution Kit’ or a more popular name: ‘Corona Kit’ as a supplement. The kit include face masks, gloves, a protective apron with long sleeves, all kinds of disinfecting (hand) gels and more. The equipment can be used in the unlikely event of a person becoming ill on board. And only for that case!
- We will not shake hands upon embarkation, just like in all Dutch hospitals and other institutions. We normally do it with pleasure, but unfortunately this will be necessary.
- We expect you to disinfect your hands upon every embarkation, for this we have automatic dispensers at the entrance and at the breakfast buffet.
- We expect you to disinfect your hands before every meal.
- You will find a letter in your room on this subject in which we advise more on hygiene.
- If in the worst case a virus will come on board, we are in close contact with the Dutch health service RIVM & GGD.
We very much hope that this is all very exaggerated and unnecessary, but we feel the need to do this and to inform you about it.
Other questions you may have on this subject:
- When we cancel a tour, we will inform you personally
- We have to cancel a tour when a 'negative travel advise' (code red) is given by the Dutch authorities for the whole area the routes goes through.
- Merlijn will not sail through ‘critical areas' (code orange), if necessary we will re-route.
- We can offer you to re-book your booking to a later date, free of charge.
- If you wish you may always cancel your booking.
- Our payment & cancellation policy applies for all tours.
We look forward to welcoming you on board soon!
Merlijn, Coen & Cristina
- Question: How does your booking system works?
Answer: There is a separate chapter for this just click here!
- Question: I have booked a tour with you in 2020 and I don't find the details on the website, where can I find it?
Answer: When we launched our new website in 2019, we choose to not show the fully booked tours on our website. No worries, we will carry-out all tours as booked. You must have received the tour details after you made your reservation, but you can always contact us for more information.
- Question: When do I pay the final invoice?
3 Months before departure you will receive an email from us with the final bill and all travel information. The due date of the final invoice is 2 months before starting date of the tour.
- Question: Do you have a recommended hotel at my embark/disembark location?
We sail many routes, dock in a lot of ports and hotel preferences are very personal, that's why we can't recommend a certain hotel. But of course we can help you by sharing the website from Booking.com Here you can find almost every hotel in Europe!