Holland & Belgium Premium Tulip tourApril 27 - May 07 / 2021
Departure date: 27 april 2021
Average biking distance per day 20 to 60 km
Can't get enough of Biking & Barging? We designed this Premium 11-day tour for you!
Expect more bike-route options, more peace while riding and more time for city's & culture.
Bike, Barge and Cruise the most beautiful parts of the Netherlands (Holland) & Belgium, and sample the local cuisine of the two countries along the way. We begin our journey in historic Bruges, the jewel of Flanders. At the very start, you’ll get the chance to swim in the North Sea at Oostende. From Bruges, we’ll head towards Ghent and then Antwerp, the diamond city. We venture on to the Netherlands, starting in Dordrecht, where you can view the many windmills and waterways of Kinderdijk and visit Royal Delft. We will then visit the wondrous flower exhibition ‘Keukenhof’, before making our way to Haarlem, the oldest city in The Netherlands. Our journey ends in Amsterdam, as we bike along ‘de Zaanse Schans’, with its open-air museum and working windmills.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour, the ship, and offer you a safety briefing. After you have become acquainted with your home for the next 10 days, we will serve you dinner in Merlijn’s restaurant. In the evening, there will be time for a city walk through Bruges.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 10 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 10x breakfast buffet, 9x packed lunches and 8x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- ferry fees
- entrance to Keukenhof
- entrance to Royal Delft
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- two dinners
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps - insurance
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.