East meets West Germany tour
‘Following in Theodor Fontane’s footsteps”July 02 - 09 / 2022
Departure date: 02 july 2022
Average biking distance per day 25 to 50 KM
After plotting out this trip we needed a new slogan, because Bike & Barge didn’t match this overall theme, so we’ve named it ‘Bike & Culture”, representing its perfect blend of biking and culture!!
‘Bike & Culture’ your way from west to eastern Germany. Cycle the cultural Transromanica & Brandenburg tour route, before sailing on with us to explore the cultural highlights on offer at Magdeburg, Brandenburg and Potsdam. Follow in Theodor Fontane’s footsteps, and visit small villages in typical March style. Explore the cradle of the Prussians, and cruise the Midland Canal, the Havel River, and the lakes surrounding Berlin.
Your Bike & Culture cruise will include:
- 7 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 7 x breakfast buffets, 6 x packed lunches and 6 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- entrance and guided tour of Volkswagen Autostadt
- entrance to Sanssouci castle or similar
Your Bike & Culture cruise does not include:
- 1 x dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30 each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.