Rhine, Moselle & Saar 3-river tour in GermanyJuly 16 - 23 / 2022
Departure date: 16 july 2022
Average biking distance per day 25 tot 55 km
Bike, Barge & Cruise the Mighty ‘father’ Rhine, the ever-romantic Moselle, and beautiful rivers of the Saar. Explore the city of Cologne, as well as the historic Roman cities of Andernach & Trier. You will then head to the charming ‘black cat’ town of Zell, explore the famous Bernkastel and Little Venice Saarburg. The journey continues as you survey the splendour of the Rhine, the Moselle with its swathes of vineyards, and the Saar, surrounded by mountains. Bike along these rivers and enjoy a wine-tasting session at the famous ‘Storck’ winery.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 7 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 7 breakfast buffets, 6 packed lunches and 6 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- cable car ride Koblenz
- entrance to the castle of Eltz
- wine tasting session in Traben-Trarbach at Storck
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30,- each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies with General Data Protection Regulations to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right to free cancellation.