Romantic trip through Germany’s River Main
'Travel through Bavaria, Germany along the scenic River Main"July 30 - August 05 / 2022
Departure date: 30 july 2022
Average biking distance per day 40 to 50 km
Bike, Barge and Cruise along the charming Bavarian Main River. Be amazed by the metropolis that is Frankfurt, the meandering streets and alleyways of romantic Miltenberg, as well as Aschaffenburg and the beautiful baroque city of Würzburg. Bike along the river named ‘Main’, surrounded by mountains and vineyards. Designated bike paths will lead you through old city centres, restored half-timber houses, Gothic & Baroque buildings, and cosy little towns. Enjoy an included brewery tour and beer-tasting session at the famous ‘Faust” brewery.
Would you like to stay on board and travel longer on the Merlijn? This is an excellent trip to combine with the successive Würzburg - Nürnberg Bike & Barge cruise> This combination means your tour will run from Mainz to Nürnberg.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 6 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 6 breakfast buffets, 5 packed lunches and 5 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- guided city tour at Residence Würzburg
- beer-tasting session at the famous brewery Faust
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30,- each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.