Golden moment's on Moselle & Saar in GermanyOctober 24 - 29 / 2020
Departure date: 24 october 2020
Average biking distance per day (KM) 20 to 45 KM
Leaves are falling from the trees, grapes are harvested & nature shows 50 shades of orange! Enjoy the golden time on the Moselle during fall.
Bike, Barge & Cruise the beautiful Saar & charming Moselle rivers. Explore the the Roman city of Trier – Visit Little Venice Saarburg - the charming ‘black cat’ town Zell – famous Bernkastel. Cruise along the Saar surrounded by mountains - the Moselle with its vineyards. Bike on great bike paths along these rivers and enjoy an included wine tasting at the well-known winery ‘Storck’.
The Merlijn, your Bike & Barge Cruise ship, already awaits you in Merzig. Embarkation starts at 3:30 pm. The crew will welcome you on board and while you enjoy a welcome drink you will get information about the ship, the tours and the bicycles. After dinner there is time for a stroll through the city that gives you a chance to have a look at structures dating over eight centuries as well as visiting some museums.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 6 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 6x breakfast buffet, 5x packed lunches and 5x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- city tour Trier
- wine tasting Traben-Trarbach
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.