Highlights of Germany
3 River tour, along the Rhine, Main & MoselleSeptember 18 - 24 / 2021
Departure date: 18 september 2021
Average biking distance per day 30 to 50 km
Never before have we seen so many highlights in a journey as with this recently developed tour. Travel easily to and from Frankfurt International Airport, one of Germany's largest! Your home for this trip, Cruise ship Merlijn, awaits you near the center of Frankfurt, a short cab ride is all it takes.
Once on board, the enjoyment can begin, already on the first day you cruise along the Bavarian river Main. Your first bike ride is right along the Romantic Rhine, an area recognized by Unesco. You'll pass this amazing stretch of river twice, so you can see it both from the saddle of your bike and from Merlijn's amazing terrace. The Moselle River is also included in the route, just a short distance to get a feel for the atmosphere and to take in the biggest highlights. Burg Eltz is one of the most beautiful castles in the area and you just pass it on your bicycle! Also famous Cochem is of course on the program.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM Merlijn sails to Mainz. There is a welcome drink and crew introduction. We’ll also inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. Dinner is enjoyed during the cruise.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 6 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit.
- culinary care: 6 breakfast buffets, 5 packed lunches and 5 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- entrance to Burg Eltz
- guided city tour Rudesheim