4 German rivers tourAugust 21 - 28 / 2021
Departure date: 21 august 2021
Average biking distance per day 20 to 45 km
Bike, Barge & Cruise the beautiful Saar, charming ‘daughter’ Moselle, mighty ‘father’ Rhine and bavarian Main rivers. Bike along the Moselle river on good bike paths - Explore the cities of Trier, Koblenz, Mainz & Frankfurt - Visit little Venice Saarburg, ‘black cat’ town Zell, old Bernkastel-Kues and charming Beilstein. Cruise the Saar surrounded by mountains, the Moselle with its vineyards, the romantic Rhine & the Bavarian Main. Bike along these rivers and enjoy an included wine tasting at the well-known winery ‘Storck’.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM we will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. After dinner there is time for a stroll through the city and enjoy a splendid view over the Saar valley. In the charming city itself you’ll be impressed by the narrow alleys, framework houses, Baroque constructions as well as colourful fishermen and sailor houses. Overnight in Saarburg.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7 times breakfast buffet, 6 times packed lunches and 6 times 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- entrance to the castle of Eltz
- wine tasting in Traben-Trarbach at Storck
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.