Midland-canal & Rhine-river tour in GermanyJuly 31 - August 07 / 2021
Departure date: 31 july 2021
Average biking distance per day 35 to 55 KM
Bike, Barge and Cruise 2 different worlds; along the midland canal & the Rhine river in Germany – Tourists are hard to find - Bike the Teutoburg forest – Explore the cultural highlights of Hannover, Braunschweich, Münster, Düssedlorf & Cologne – Visit the Castles of Lüdinghausen – Drink ‘Kölsch-beer’ in Cologne - Cruise the Midland canal & Rhine river - Entrance to the ‘Herrenhausen gardens & Autostadt, the home of Volkswagen included.
*the minimum number of participants for this trip is 14
Check in: 1:30 PM – Drop-off your luggage and cross the canal by walking a bridge. There you will find the home of Volkswagen ‘Autostadt’. You can explore the museum on your own and at 3 PM there will be a 45 min. guided tour through the park. Instead you can also visit the charming city centre of Wolfsburg.
4 PM - You are welcomed onboard, 5 PM - Merlijn sails away. We will show you your room, offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. Enjoy the afternoon cruising until dinner is served. After dinner we will dock and stay overnight in a rural surrounding.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunches and 6x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- entrance and guided tour Volkswagen autostadt
- entrance to the Herrenhausen gardens
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.