Premium ‘Amazon of the North’ tour, in Germany & Poland
‘Explore the cradle of the Prussians”June 26 - July 03 / 2021
Departure date: 26 june 2021
Average biking distance per day 35 to 70 KM / Level: Moderate
Bike, Barge and Cruise the Amazon of the North, Germany and Poland – Explore the cradle of the Prussians during this tour in former Prussia – Learn more about the former divided country of Germany - Bike a variety of surfaces, from Asphalt till cobble stones – ride the Sunny island of Usedom - Cruise through stunning nature areas on the Havel, Oder & Peene river and Szczecin lagoon – Experience the oldest ship lift in Germany, Niederfinow - Taste the Polish cuisine in the lively city of Szczecin in Poland.
Check in: 3:30 PM - 5PM Merlijn sails to Oranienburg, where we stay overnight. We will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. After departure your holiday starts, enjoy the scenery on the inland lakes around Berlin. Dinner will be during the cruise.
Oranienburg, which received its royal name from the Dutch princess Louise Henriette of Nassau-Oranien (1627-1667), is situated at the northern city limits of Germany’s capital city of Berlin. Our docking spot will be too far away from the center of Oranienburg, but we will be happy offering you a nice evening stroll after dinner.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunches and 6x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- entrance to Stolpe tower
- entrance to DDR-Museum
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.