Weser-Hills tour in Germany
‘Following in Theodor Fontane’s footsteps”June 12 - 19 / 2021
Departure date: 12 june 2021
Average biking distance per day 30 to 45 km
Bike, Barge and Cruise through the ‘Weser-hills’ landscape & along the midland canal in Germany – Bike the Weser-Cycling-Route, one of the most popular German cycling routes – Explore the cultural highlights of Hannover & Braunschweich - Follow in Theodor Fontane’s footsteps and visit small villages in typical March style – Cruise the Weser river & the Midland canal – Tourists are hard to find - Entrance to the ‘Herrenhausen gardens & Autostadt, the home of Volkswagen included – Extend your holiday in Bremen, This 1200 years old Hanseatic city has so much to offer.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 5 PM Merlijn sails to Verden, where we stay overnight. We will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. While sailing, you will enjoy the scenery of the ‘Weser-bergland’ already. After dinner you may want to stroll through the equestrian city of Verden, the mecca of the Hanoverian horse, a world-famous and powerful German warm-blood breed of horse.
Well worth seeing in Verden are the historical old city center along the Aller River with its pedestrian area ‘Große Straße’ (Big street). The Cathedral Quarter at the Lugenstein with its bars, the town hall, the ‘Domherrenhaus’ (Cathedral Chapter House), the vintage train and much more.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunches and 6x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- entrance to the Herrenhausen gardens
- entrance and guided tour Volkswagen autostadt
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.