West meets East Germany tour
‘Following in Theodor Fontane’s footsteps”June 19 - 26 / 2021
Departure date: 19 june 2021
Average biking distance per day 25 to 50 KM
Bike & Culture your way from east to west Germany. – Bike the cultural bike-route Transromanica & tour Brandenburg – Visit the home of Volkswagen 'Autostadt' - Explore the Cultural highlights of Magdeburg, Brandenburg and Potsdam – Spend a full day in the stunning city of Potsdam - Follow in Theodor Fontane’s footsteps and visit small villages in typical March style – Exploring the cradle of the Prussians - Cruise the midland-Canal, the Havel river and the lakes around Berlin. Many options for culture lovers as well for bikers.
Check in: 1:30 PM – Drop-off your luggage and cross the canal by walking a bridge. There you will find the home of Volkswagen ‘Autostadt’. You can explore the museum on your own, at 3 PM there will be a 45 min. guided tour thru the park.
4 PM - You are welcomed onboard, we will show you your room, offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. After diner there is time to make a digestive walk thru the city of Wolfsburg. Overnight stay in Wolfsburg.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunches and 6x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- entrance and guided tour Volkswagen autostadt
- entrance to Sanssouci castle
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.