Rhine-Main-Danube-Canal & Danube tour
'Following in King Ludwig's footsteps"September 04 - 11 / 2021
Departure date: 04 september 2021
Average biking distance per day 30 to 45 KM
Bike the Bavarian Rhine-Main-Danube canal & Danube river - ride Germanys most beautiful bike-routes through the Regnitz, Altmühl & Danube valley’s - Follow in King Ludwig’s footsteps while biking along the old abandoned canal he constructed in 1836 – Cruising on the Danube – Visit the charming former fishing settling small Venice Bamberg – historical & university city Nürnberg – Riedenburg in the Altmühl valley and fascinatingly well preserved medieval town Regensburg.
Do you want to travel longer on the Merlin? This is an excellent trip to combine with the previous Bike & Barge cruise FRANKFURT - BAMBERG, combined your tour will be from Frankfurt to Regensburg and you will travel the whole way from the Rhine to the Danube river.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM We will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. After diner there is time to make a digestive walk thru the city of Bamberg, a very charming, historic bishops town with Villa Concordia, the historic lock 100, the water castle, and baroque houses.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunches and 6x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- wine tasting
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.