Bavarian Main River tour in GermanySeptember 18 - 25 / 2021
Departure date: 18 september 2021
Average biking distance per day 35 to 55 KM
Bike the charming, Bavarian Main river from the beginning till the end. Visit the charming former fishing settling small Venice Bamberg - beautiful Baroque city Würzburg - the meandering streets and alleys of romantic Miltenberg - Aschaffenburg - Be amazed by Metropol Frankfurt. Bike along the river called ‘Main’, surrounded by mountains and vineyards. Good solid bike paths will lead you to old city centres - restored half-timber houses - gothic & baroque buildings - cosy little towns.
Do you want to travel longer on the Merlin? This is an excellent trip to combine with the previous Bike & Barge cruise REGENSBURG – BAMBERG. Combined your tour will be from Regensburg to Frankfurt and you will travel the whole way from the Danube to the Rhine river.
Check in: 3:30 PM, after check in we will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. Also we inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. After your first dinner onboard the afternoon is free, allowing you to explore Bamberg a little more, the historic bishops town with Villa Concordia, the historic lock 100, the water castle, the baroque house on the bridge and the former fishing settling Small Venice all emphasizing the tight connection between town and river. Overnight stay in Bamberg.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunches and 6x 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- service of a tour guide
- daily information of the trip on the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- brewery tour and beer tasting Miltenberg
- guided tour and entrance to the Residence Wurzburg
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t includes:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.