Rhine & Neckar, Germany’s best kept secrets. 2-river tour
Cycle along the amazing, nature-filled Neckar River!September 29 - October 07 / 2025
Departure date: 29 september 2025
Average biking distance per day 25 to 55 KM / Level: Easy
Bike, Barge and cruise the mighty Rhine and charming Neckar river. Surrounded by mountains, vineyards and castles you will cycle your way thru Germany’s best kept secrets. Visit the romantic cities of Mainz, Worms, Heidelberg, Heilbronn and more. Included excursion to a vineyards with wine-tasting and a guided city tour.
Our guides scale this tour higher than the well-known and similar trips along the Moselle River. The Neckar River is less known but according to reports; more beautiful, more attractive cycling routes, more nature, more castles and less touristy.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM. We will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We also inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. Mainz is known for its spacious squares, lovingly restored half-timbered houses and magnificent Baroque churches that lend the old town a “gemütliches” (charming) character. You can explore it during an after-dinner stroll, because we will stay here overnight.
Included in our tours:
- 12 double cabins, 11 m2 with 2 comfortable beds (80 x 200 cm) that can be pushed together or separated
- Individual climate control and private bathroom with shower, sink and toilet in all cabins
- Supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers
- Full service of staff, daily cleaning of the cabins, manned bar (no self-service)
- Porterage of luggage upon arrival and departure
- Daily loading and unloading of your bicycle to and from the ship
- Use of lightweight state-of-the-art bicycle
- Use of a waterproof bike bag, universal sized helmet, towel and a personal water bottle
- Tour guide (we offer an experienced guide who know the routes like the back of his/her hand)
- Ferry costs on the bicycle route
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- Brochures of the area available on board
- Harbour, lock and canal fees
Included culinary care:
- Welcome drink with bubbles
- All day unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate and potable ice water (self-service)
- Extensive breakfast buffet daily with at least; 2 warm dishes, freshly baked croissants or similar pastries, various types of bread, toaster, yoghurt, cereals, fresh fruit and various beverages.
- Packed lunch prepared by the staff in a special lunch bag with at least a lavish sandwich, snack and drink.
- 7 day tours include 5 three-course dinners
- 8 day tours include 6 three-course dinners
- 9 day tours include 7 three-course dinners
- 11 day tours include 8 three-course dinners
- Dinners are based on ‘plate service’, meals are served in the dining area.
- Meals are perceived by our guests as “luxurious” or even “gourmet style”.
Included beverages during bar opening hours:
- Several sodas served from a small bottle
- Wide variety of wines (also non-alcoholic wine)
- Beer on tap and various beers from the bottle (also non-alcoholic beer)
Not included in our tours:
- Excursions, entrance fees and guided tours other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Dinners other than those mentioned
- Beverages other than those mentioned (such as spirits and cocktails)
- City maps, bike maps, etc. (we have a lot available however we can’t guarantee every destination)
- Inbound and outbound journeys, such as flights, trains, bus or other type of transfers
- 9 % BTW (VAT), not applicable for intercontinental reservations business-to-business
- Insurances & Gratuities
- Electronic payments of your onboard expenses (cash only)
Not included extra services on board (payable on board):
- Rental of electric bicycles €30,- per piece, per day
- Laundry service, current price available on board