Holland Tulip tourApril 19 - 25 / 2025
Departure date: 19 april 2025
Average biking distance per day 35 to 55 km / Level: Easy
Bike, Barge and Cruise through the Green heart of Holland, with its diverse landscapes and cityscapes. The starting point is Amsterdam, from where we’ll head to Utrecht, with its wondrous ‘Utrechtse Dom’ cathedral. We then call on the silver town of Schoonhoven, the windmills at Kinderdijk, Gouda, the cheese and candle city, and the floral attraction ‘the Keukenhof’, as well as Haarlem, which is Holland’s oldest city, and home to the striking St. Bavo cathedral, ending our journey at the characteristic ‘Zaanse Schans’ with its open air museum and numerous windmills.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, Merlijn will set sail for Utrecht where there is an overnight stay. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour, the ship, and offer you a safety briefing. Dinner will be served during the cruise, and in the evening there will be time for a city walk through Utrecht.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 6 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 6 breakfast buffets, 5 packed lunches and 5 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- entrance to St. Jan cathedral
- entrance to Keukenhof
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.