Rhine, Moselle & Saar 3-river tour in GermanyOctober 03 - 11 / 2024
Departure date: 03 october 2024
Average biking distance per day 30 to 50 KM / Level: Easy
Bike, Barge & Cruise the mighty ‘father’ Rhine, the ever-romantic Moselle, and beautiful rivers of the Saar. Visit the charming town of Rüdesheim, the ‘black cat’ city of Zell, before marvelling at the famous Bernkastel and Roman city of Trier, and heading for ‘Little Venice’ Saarburg. Cruise along ‘the Romantic Rhine’ with its Lorely – the Moselle with its vineyards, and the River Saar, surrounded by mountains. Bike along these rivers and enjoy an included wine-tasting session at the well-known winery ‘Storck’.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, Merlijn will sail to Rüdesheim, where we will stay overnight. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour and the ship, and offer you a safety briefing. Dinner is enjoyed during the cruise. After dinner, there’s an opportunity for a stroll in Rüdesheim, a charming town along the Rhine.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 8 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 8 breakfast buffets, 7 packed lunches and 7 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- entrance to the castle of Eltz
- wine-tasting session at the Storck winery
- guided city tour in Trier
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30,- each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.