Premium Holland & BelgiumJune 02 - 12 / 2024
Departure date: 02 june 2024
Average biking distance per day 20 to 60 KM / Level: Easy
Expect more bike-route options, more peace while riding and more time for city's & culture.
Bike, Barge and Cruise the most beautiful parts of the Netherlands (Holland) & Belgium. From Amsterdam, we’ll make our way to Haarlem, the oldest city in the Netherlands. Along the way, you’ll sample the local cuisine of The Netherlands and Belgium, visit Royal Delft, and view the many windmills and waterways of Kinderdijk. Then, we venture on to Belgium, starting in Antwerp, the diamond city. You’ll also get the chance to swim in the North Sea at Oostende, and we’ll end our journey in historic Bruges, the jewel of Flanders.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, Merlijn will set sail for Haarlem where there is an overnight stay. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour, the ship, and offer you a safety briefing. During dinner we will arrive in Haarlem. In the evening there will be time for a city walk.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 10 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 10 breakfast buffets, 9 packed lunches and 8 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- entrance to Royal Delft
- entrance to the Cathedral of "Our Lady" in Antwerp
- boat ride through the canals of Gent
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- two dinners
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30,- each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.