Moselle & Saar 3-Countries tour
‘Touching Germany, Luxembourg & France”October 12 - 20 / 2024
Departure date: 12 october 2024
Average biking distance per day 20 to 45 km / Level: Easy
Bike, Barge & Cruise the beautiful Saar and charming Moselle, touching three countries. Fall in love with the French countryside and German mountains while cycling along the Moselle River on solid bike paths, and sample nectarean Luxembourg wines while visiting a wine cellar. Explore the ancient cities of Thionville, Metz & Nancy, and cruise along the River Saar, surrounded by mountains, and the Moselle with its swathes of vineyards.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM We will offer you a welcome drink and introduce the crew, as well as informing you about the tour and the ship, and offering you a safety briefing. At 4:30 PM, Merlijn will set sail for Schwemlingen, a beautiful dock within nature! After dinner you can enjoy an evening walk.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 8 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 8 breakfast buffets, 7 packed lunches and 7 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- guided city tour of Trier
- wine tasting session in Luxembourg
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes for € 30 each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.