Moselle & Saar 3-Countries tour
‘Touching Germany, Luxembourg & France”October 14 - 21 / 2023
Departure date: 14 october 2023
Average biking distance per day 20 to 45 km / Level: Easy
Bike, Barge & Cruise the beautiful Saar and charming Moselle, touching three countries. Fall in love with the French countryside and German mountains while cycling along the Moselle River on solid bike paths, and sample nectarean Luxembourg wines while visiting a wine cellar. Explore the ancient cities of Thionville, Metz & Nancy, and cruise along the River Saar, surrounded by mountains, and the Moselle with its swathes of vineyards.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM. We will offer you a welcome drink and introduce the crew, as well as informing you about the tour and the ship, and offering you a safety briefing. At 4:30 PM, Merlijn will set sail for Schwemlingen, a beautiful dock within nature! After dinner you can enjoy an evening walk.
Your bike & barge cruise includes:
- 7 nights onboard Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, soap
- culinary care: 7 times breakfast buffet, 6 times packed lunches and 6 times 3 course dinners
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate and ice water
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- service of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a bike bag, towel and helmet
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- guided city tour of Trier
- wine tasting session in Luxembourg
Your bike & barge cruise doesn’t include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes for € 30 each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.