Premium Bavarian Danube tour in Germany
'Altmühl valley and the start of the navigable Danube"August 05 - 12 / 2023
Departure date: 05 august 2023
Average biking distance per day 40 to 60 km
Bike, Barge and Cruise along the famous Blue Danube. You will explore Germany's best-known province Bavaria while biking the classical cycle routes named ‘Altmühl radweg’ & ‘Donau radweg’, and get to sample traditional German cuisine by stopping at local bakeries and dining out in Regensburg. There are small picturesque villages along the way, as well as the splendid natural scenery of the Altmühl valley and Danube River. Learn more about this province, shaped by King Ludwig I of Bavaria and influenced by Austrian architectural styles. Cruise along the Main-Danube canal and sail the Danube River from its earliest navigable point. Guided tour of the well-preserved mediaeval city of Regensburg and entrance to ‘Walhalla’ included.
Would you like to stay on board and travel longer on the Merlijn? This is an excellent trip to combine with the successive Passau – Vienna Bike & Barge cruise> This combination means your tour will run from Nürnberg to Vienna.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, Merlijn will set sail for Roth where there is an overnight stay. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour, the ship, and hold a safety briefing. After departing from Nürnberg, your bike and barge cruise will really begin, so settle in the lounge or on the outside terrace with a drink, and let the Main-Danube canal amaze you! A meal will be served during the cruise, and in the evening there will be time for an after-dinner stroll ashore.
- Please note that Passau is a very busy cruise port. We may not dock in Passau itself but may have to divert to the first available berth outside Passau.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 7 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 7 breakfast buffets, 6 packed lunches and 6 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- guided city tour in Regensburg
- entrance and audio tour of Walhalla
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30,- each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies with General Data Protection Regulations to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right to free cancellation.