Passage through Germany’s Regnitz Valley
'Travel through Bavaria, Germany along the scenic River Main"July 29 - August 04 / 2023
Departure date: 29 july 2023
Average biking distance per day 30 to 57 km
Bike, Barge and Cruise along the charming Bavarian Main River, and ride along Germany’s most beautiful bike routes through the Regnitz valley, enjoying several biking options varying in distance. Experience the local German cuisine with an evening meal ashore, and an included wine-tasting session. Cruise the river named ‘Main’, surrounded by magnificent mountains and vineyards. Designated bike paths will lead you through old city centres, restored half-timber houses, Gothic and Baroque buildings, and cosy little towns. Be amazed by the town of Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the lively university city of Nürnberg.
Would you like to stay on board and travel longer on the Merlijn? This is an excellent trip to combine with the successive Mainz - Würzburg Bike & Barge cruise > This combination means your tour will run from Mainz to Nürnberg.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM. 5:00 PM. Merlijn will set sail for Ochsenfurt where there is an overnight stay. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour, the ship, and hold a safety briefing. Wave goodbye to the Residence of Würzburg up on the mountain while your cruise begins with a smooth sail upstream along the river Main. A meal will be served during the cruise, and in the evening there will be time for an after-dinner stroll ashore.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 6 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care: 6 x breakfast buffets, 5 x packed lunches and 5 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal-sized helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- all ferry fares en route
- wine-tasting session, Volkach
- guided city tour on the theme of beer, Bamberg
- entrance to Kaiserpfalz, Forcheim
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- 1 x dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30 each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.