Holland & Belgium Premium Tulip tourMay 03 - 13 / 2023
Departure date: 03 may 2023
Average biking distance per day 20 to 60 km
Expect more bike-route options, more peace while riding and more time for city's & culture.
Bike, Barge and Cruise the most beautiful parts of the Netherlands (Holland) & Belgium, and sample the local cuisine of the two countries along the way. We begin our journey in historic Bruges, the jewel of Flanders. At the very start, you’ll get the chance to swim in the North Sea at Oostende. From Bruges, we’ll head towards Ghent and then Antwerp, the diamond city. We venture on to the Netherlands, starting in Dordrecht, where you can view the many windmills and waterways of Kinderdijk and visit Royal Delft. We will then visit the wondrous flower exhibition ‘Keukenhof’, before making our way to Haarlem, the oldest city in The Netherlands. Our journey ends in Amsterdam, as we bike along ‘de Zaanse Schans’, with its open-air museum and working windmills.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM. We’ll present you with a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We will also provide information on the tour, the ship, and offer you a safety briefing. After you have become acquainted with your home for the next 10 days, we will serve you dinner in Merlijn’s restaurant. In the evening, there will be time for a city walk through Bruges.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 10 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers.
- culinary care, 10 breakfast buffets, 9 packed lunches and 8 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees.
- all ferry fares en route
- transport to, or boat ride through, the city centre of Ghent
- guided city tour of Antwerp
- deluxe fast ferry
- entrance fee to Keukenhof
- entrance fee to Royal Delft
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than those mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort, we rent out electric bikes at € 30,- each per day, reservations in advance are advisable.
The general terms and conditions of Merlijn de magie van water B.V. apply to all bookings, offers and agreements. Please find them on our website under ‘Terms & Conditions’.
Merlijn complies the General Data Protection Regulation to protect your privacy. Please find them on our website under ‘Privacy statement’.
We reserve the right to modify schedule and/or program. If (part of) the route is not navigable due to weather conditions and/or other nautical reasons and/or is closed off due to circumstances and/or for safety reasons, the operator and/or the captain has the right to change the schedule. This includes changing the location of departure and/or arrival and temporarily suspending departure. Nautical and/or meteorological reasons are understood to mean, among others, weather conditions, the tide, obstruction of waterways/shipping lanes, and the condition of the ship. Closed off due to circumstances and/or safety reasons are understood to mean, among others, terrorism, diseases, natural disasters. Changes in schedule and/or program do not give the customer the right on free cancellation.