Rijn & Neckar Premium 2-rivieren tour in Duitsland
Fiets langs de geweldige, met natuur omgeven, rivier Neckar!September 18 - 26 / 2024
Vertrekdatum: 18 september 2024
Gemiddelde fietsafstand per dag 25 tot 55 km / Level: Easy
De uitgebreide beschrijving voor deze reis is enkel in het engels beschikbaar:
Bike, Barge and cruise the mighty Rhine and charming Neckar river. Surrounded by mountains, vineyards and castles you will cycle your way thru Germany’s best kept secrets. Visit the romantic cities of Mainz, Worms, Heidelberg, Heilbronn and more. Included excursion to a vineyards with wine-tasting and a guided city tour.
Our guides scale this tour higher than the well-known and similar trips along the Moselle River. The Neckar River is less known but according to reports; more beautiful, more attractive cycling routes, more nature, more castles and less touristy.
Check in: 3:30 PM – 4 PM. We will offer a welcome drink and introduce the crew. We also inform you about the tour, the ship and give you a safety briefing. Mainz is known for its spacious squares, lovingly restored half-timbered houses and magnificent Baroque churches that lend the old town a “gemütliches” (charming) character. You can explore it during an after-dinner stroll, because we will stay here overnight.
Your bike & barge cruise will include:
- 8 nights on board Merlijn
- welcome drink
- daily cleaning of your cabin
- supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, hand soap, soap, shampoo, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe & slippers
- culinary care: 8 breakfast buffets, 7 packed lunches and 7 x 3-course dinners
- coffee, tea and iced water
- services of a tour guide
- daily information about the trip of the next day
- use of 27-speed bicycle, including a waterproof pannier, towel and universal helmet
- we will provide you with your own water bottle
- GPS-tracks on most routes
- canal, bridge & harbour fees
- wine tasting
- guided city tour
Your bike & barge cruise does not include:
- one dinner
- drinks other than mentioned
- excursions other than mentioned
- inbound and outbound journey
- city maps (though a few are available on board)
- bike maps
For your comfort we rent electric bikes € 30 each per day, reservations ahead are advisable.